Radius: Off
km Set radius for geolocation

inform Financial & Other Organisations


  • Employer or educational establishments.
  • Health: cancel outstanding hospital, dental, podiatry or other health related appointments.
  • Agencies providing care such as Social Services, Home Carers, Meals on Wheels and Day Centres.

Financial organisations

  • Banks/National Savings/Building Societies.
  • Insurance companies (e.g. life, buildings/contents, medical, car, travel).
  • Pension providers.
  • Credit card/store card if applicable.
  • Any other financial institutions where accounts are solely in the deceased’s name, accounts may be frozen to prevent fraud. You must inform organisations where joint accounts were held so the name of the deceased can be removed. Joint accounts are generally not frozen on the death of one holder but this is dependent on individual organisations.

Property and Utilities

  • Mortgage provider.
  • If the deceased lived in rented accommodation, inform the local authority, Housing Association or private landlord. 
  • Buildings and property insurance companies to ensure continued cover especially if the property is left unoccupied.
  • Utility companies (electricity, gas, water and telephone) and arrange transfer of account details if necessary.
  • TV/Internet companies.

Government Offices

  • Pensions Service or Jobcentre Plus to cancel any benefits to the deceased or their carer.
  • Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs to deal with Tax and Child Benefit payments (if applicable).
  • Local government offices that provide services such as the Electoral Register, housing benefit, council tax office, bus pass, disabled parking permits, library membership.
  • The DVLA and the insurance company if the deceased owned a car or held a driving licence.
  • The Passport Agency.

Other contacts

  • Arrange redirection of post if necessary and reduce the burden of any unwanted mail by registering with the Bereavement Register.
  • Clubs/membership organisations/social groups.
  • If the deceased held a firearms licence for work and/or recreational purposes, please contact the local police station.

funeral services directory

counties covered

Go on Top